Historical & Art Museum
William F. Jenks
The family homestead at 8 Park Street
The photo below is of the Customs House, which at the time was located on the 2nd floor of the Goverment House at 8 Water Street.
Since both calendars and a clock are visible within the image, we are able to ascertain that the photo was taken on December 14th 1908, at 2:35 p.m.
In the foreground of the photo is a "Nipping Press" which is used in the binding of books.
Mr. W. F. Jenks is seen sitting at the high desk in the back left.
Is that a spittoon on the floor by the small desk in the back, yikes.